Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Enchanted Garden Tea Party Baby Shower

This event consisted some DIY items that I made to put into inventory. Lots of time and effort always pays off in the end and I am so happy how this beautiful baby shower turned out. As my first "events" post, I do apologize for the overload of photos :)

Cut out onezies from various scarp booking papers to match the theme

Beautiful Ruffle Burlap Lamp Shades were super easy and fun to make 


The mother to be is an english major and father to be is a professor. tThey loooove Romeo and Juliet so I started the task of making rose balls cut from Romeo and Juliet. My plan was to have these as the centerpieces but once I realized how long this little (not so little) project took me, I decided to do a grouping of various hanging balls. The top is craft paper and the bottom is woven cord wrapped and adorned with pink ribbon.


Since flowers are a bit costly and some events have limited budgets I always prefer to do several different arraignments and scatter them through out the event. So here are a few different styles that added a lot. 








This was a tea party and I wanted more than just a few tea bags. I wanted the tea to be a major roll in the design. Mighty Leaf Tea sells some wonderful loose leaf tea so I purchased 4 flavors in bulk and displayed them with a framed description of each tea. The aroma in the room was just amazing!  





The centerpieces turned out so cute! Tissue paper balls in galvanized buckets toped with moss and a few paper roses. I added in a burlap curl and a moss baby bunny.





 Cupcake Swing! I wish I had a few more photos but the lighting was harsh so they did not turn out that well

 The favors were little bags with 3 various tea pouches from Mighty Leaf Tea

Let me know if you have DIY questions, I love to help! 
xoxo, 
The Party Barbie


2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful idea. I have to share this post with my friend. She is going to have a baby and we are planning a baby shower for her. She wants to book one of the outdoor NYC venues for the day and I am sure that she will like the tea garden idea.

    ReplyDelete